False eyelashes are loved by many for the eye-opening effect they have … but have you ever tried layering them? If not, layering your false eyelashes can not only turn an everyday pair into a more dramatic look, but it’s also a great way to breathe new life into your most favorite styles.
Take two of our pairs for example: Icing on the Cake and Chase Me (shown left). Separately, they provide a very natural-looking lash and are perfect for wearing any day of the week. However, when combined into one lash, they are va-va-voooom out of this world! So how can you try this technique?
Start with two of your favorite pairs of lashes. You can choose any two pairs but for the best effect you want to look for a pair that is long with enough spaces between the lashes and a separate pair that is shorter and has more volume. In this demonstration, our long length pair is Icing On the Cake and our shorter, more voluminous pair is Chase Me.
- Apply a thin layer of eyelash adhesive to one of the pair’s bands
- Layer one over top of the other, line up the bands and press together
- Allow the glue to fully set
- Apply a thin layer of eyelash adhesive to the now combined lashes
- Hold in a ‘U’ shape for 30 seconds, or until the glue is tacky
- Apply to your eyes
Super glamorous effect, right? The best part is you can do this with a variety of different lash lengths and styles, the possibilities are endless! Other eyelash combos we recommend trying from our line include:
- Icing on the Cake + Key to His Heart
- Icing on the Cake + Music & Wine
- Seductress + Music & Wine
- Divinely Demure + Music & Wine
Create your own with any of our lash styles here!
And don’t forget to tag us on Instagram @inkyminkylashes if you do try layering your lashes; we’d love to see!